Terms & Conditions
WARNING NOTICE: You are about to enter a Private website that is restricted to authorized use by Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd and their authorized agents ("the Company") for business purposes only. The actual or attempted unauthorized access, use or modification of this website or its contents is strictly prohibited by the Company. Unauthorized users and/or unauthorized use are subject to criminal and/or civil penalties in accordance with applicable domestic and foreign laws. The use of this website may be monitored and recorded for administrative and security reasons. If such monitoring and/or recording reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, the Company may provide the monitored evidence of such activity to law enforcement officials. Access to this website from an un-trusted workstation, including, but not limited to, cyber cafes and public kiosks, is prohibited.
1. IDENTITY OF THE DO SURGERY FORUM OWNER AND USE OF TRADE MARKS The Do Surgery Forum is operated by Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd (“we”). We are a limited company registered in Scotland under company number SC132162 and have our registered office at PO BOX 1988, Simpson Parkway, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 0AB, United Kingdom. The trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and products featured on The Do Surgery Forum are protected in the United Kingdom and internationally. No use of any of these may be made without our prior written authorisation, except to identify our products or services.
2. INTENDED USE The Do Surgery Forum is intended for use by health care professionals practicing in countries within Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. If you practice outside of these areas you may still register as a user of The Do Surgery Forum but please note that content is based on EMEA regulations and therefore may not be consistent with your own country’s regulations and laws. We reserve the right to restrict access to The Do Surgery Forum (or any parts of it) at our sole discretion. In registering to use The Do surgery Forum you represent and warrant that: (a) you are a surgeon or an employee of Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd (or an affiliated company); (b) you are not employed or engaged by one of our competitors or are not using The Do Surgery Forum for any reason that is in competition with us; and© that you will not share any information on The Do Surgery Forum with any third party that may compromise our interests (including disclosing materials to a representative of a competitor).
3. DISCLAIMER The information contained in The Do Surgery Forum is protected by worldwide copyright laws, is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed and does not constitute legal, medical, counselling or other professional services or advice. Nothing contained in The Do Surgery Forum is intended to be instructional for medical diagnosis or treatment. The information should not be considered complete, nor should it be relied on to suggest a course of treatment for a particular individual. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the information displayed on The Do Surgery Forum is provided without guarantees, conditions or warranties as to accuracy and is provided on an “as is” basis. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on information by any user of The Do Surgery Forum or by anyone who may be informed of its contents. Thoughts and opinions expressed on The Do Surgery Forum do not necessarily reflect our own thoughts and opinions. Where The Do Surgery Forum contains links or references to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links and references are provided for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from use of them.
4. HARMFUL CODE We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any material, files, software or links available for downloading from The Do Surgery Forum will be free of infection by viruses, worms, spyware, time-bombs, trojan horses or other code or material that manifest contaminating, harmful or destructive properties (“Harmful Code”). We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any Harmful Code that may infect computer equipment, programs, data or other material due to use of The Do Surgery Forum. You must not misuse The Do Surgery Forum by knowingly introducing or uploading any Harmful Code or attempt to gain unauthorised access to The Do Surgery Forum, the server on which The Do Surgery Forum is stored or any server, compute or database connected to The Do Surgery Forum.
5. YOUR AGREEMENT You agree to: (a) be responsible for and maintain all equipment required for your access to and use of The Do Surgery Forum; (b) maintain the confidentiality and security of your user identification, password and other confidential information relating to your account and agree not to disclose it to any third party. Access to The Do Surgery Forum from an untrusted workstation, including, but not limited to, public facilities is prohibited. You agree that we may establish, in our sole discretion and without prior notice to you, a maximum amount of storage space for Your Content (defined below) and you agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of or failure to store any messages, communications, or any of Your Content.
14. CONTACT If you have any questions or issues to report in connection with The Do Surgery Forum please contact:
DePuy Synthes Institute c/o Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd
PO BOX 1988